Thursday, February 9, 2012

better late than never


Yes, this is me. No, I didn't stop going to the gym...I guess its time I spilled the beans. I'm pregnant!
I'm almost 20 weeks, which put my due date around July 1st.


This pregnancy has been weird for me and although it was planned I've had a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to have another baby to take care of. I really struggled with adapting after having Ethan and I'm nervous about what doubling my responsibilities will mean. Add to the fact that I really didn't start 'showing' until a week or two ago, and you can see how I could be in denial and not telling people. Anywho, overall, both Travis and I are really excited to add a new member to our family. (We find out on Tuesday whether it's a boy or girl!!)

6 comments:

Andie said...

Congratulations! I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised the second time around. People always ask us what was hardest: going from one to two kids, two to three kids, three to four kids, etc. Our answer is always the same-none to one! Nothing prepares you for parenthood, and this time instead of being launched into the unknown you will already be a pro. :)

How are you feeling?

Jamie said...

Congratulations! You are a great mom and will be wonderful with 2 kids!

The Miller Family said...

First, congratulations! That's super exciting. And I agree with Andrea - the hardest transition for me was definitely zero to one...wtth the second, even though you have to get back into the swing of things once the baby comes, instead of having to learn *how* to ride a bike, it's more like getting on a bike again after you've bee off for a while - it comes right back to you!

And second, I completely understand your feelings about the baby. With my first three, I was attached before I was even far enough along to pee on a stick. I felt like I'd known them before they came we'd been together always and now I was just awaiting this joyous reunion of when we'd actually get to touch. With Marshall, it wasn't the same. His pregnancy was planned like all the others, but it wasn't the same somehow. I was excited to have the baby and everything, but I wasn't as attached and once things started unfolding in our lives (the sudden job change and move, getting the chickenpox and being hospitalized, my dad moving in with us, my dad dying, joe-z being gone for 3 weeks of training while I was 7 months pregnant...the list goes on) it only got worse and I felt so overwhelmed. And I was feeling worse *because* I was feeling worse, if that makes any sense! I was worried about how I'd feel about the baby and if we'd even have a bond. I seriously went into the operating room just praying that I would like the baby when he came out. For all of the worrying I did, wouldn't you know as soon as I heard him cry, all of my fears and anxiety washed away and this love for him just...overcame me. It was one of the weirdest, happiest moments of my life thus far.

You're going to be great mommy to two babies! And I'm sure Ethan will be a big helper!

Fran said...

The little bump looks so good on you! Children are a lot of work, but they are also the best treasures. I didn't think that every day, but overall they are wonderful. Enjoy the journey! Thank you for bringing such joy to this old grandma!!

Angie said...

Congrats Nicole and Travis! Just remember... with 2 little munchkins it's double the hugs, kisses, and "mommy I love you's" that just melt your heart.

shantel said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys, can't wait to hear the news on Tuesday!