I had the realization a few days ago that today may be the last day of just me and Ethan at home. It hit kinda hard and I decided to take today for all it was worth. I love this little guy so much and the last two and a half years have been hard, but wonderful. I thought back to all the mornings we sat on the floor playing trains and going through flash cards. All the mornings we've sat and ate Cheerios together. I know adding another child to the mix will have just as many blessings, but it's a little sad to give up the time I've had with just him. It will never be the same. When I look at this picture of him with his dandelions so many emotions come flodding back. Like how I cried and cried over the thougth of letting him suck his thumb (because I couldn't be in control of that) and how we've spent so many hours walking down to watch the trucks at the end of or road and how he loves spending time with me. I know someday that will change, but I hope its not anytime soon. He's such a sweet little boy who loves to cuddle with soft things (like dandelions, his teddy bear, and my hair) and he's so genuinely happy it's infectious. I'm sure the transition from one kid to two will be a challenge, but if there's one thing I know its that I will try my hardest to still give him all the time he needs, and hopefully a new little sister will just make all of this better.


1 comment:
He is such a sweet little boy. I love the pics.
Post a Comment