A few weekends ago we took a weekend trip up to Duluth to ride Thomas the train. It was a stretch for me being brave enough to go stay in a hotel with Capri, but I knew it would be, so I bought the tickets before she was born to prevent myself trying to chicken out. This trip was really all about Ethan. We anticipated feeling guilty about his world being turned upside down with a new baby in the house and knew he'd be blown away seeing a life size Thomas. He's been so good this past month, it was the least we could do for him.
Travis was kind enough to get a family suite so he and Ethan got to bunk up in the kids room Friday night. Ethan thought it was the coolest thing ever that they had a bed in the same room. They spent the night swimming and eating pizza and popcorn. I stayed back in the room with Capri while they swam for some nice quite time to relax.
We got to meet Sir Topam Hat. I thought he would be excited, but he wouldn't go any closer than this, and that was only if I went with him.
Lots of trains to play with
Exploring the trains at the Depot.
Thomas!!
All in all it was a good weekend. Capri was an angel in her carrier and we didn't loose Ethan in the crowds...I don't think we could have asked for much more.

3 comments:
This looks like so much fun! I wish I could have been there to see his face. I bet he loved it. I can only imagine how excited he was.
That was wise of you to think ahead. I bet Ethan was so surprised to see Thomas up close and in person. Looks like it was a success! Yeah!
That was wise of you to think ahead. I bet Ethan was so surprised to see Thomas up close and in person. Looks like it was a success! Yeah!
Post a Comment