Wednesday, October 17, 2012

on second thought...

 
Ethan and I have been working on getting him to go potty in the toilet. I wouldn't call it potty training, because I don't really think he's ready for that, but I thought if I could just get him to start to realizing what its all about, maybe in the near future we could try. So he's been going potty on the toilet when I change his diaper and he's doing a good job. Its baby steps with him.
 
The other night we were at the park and Ethan saw the port-a-pottys. He started excitedly saying, "I wanna go potty in the toilet mom!" over and over. We were shocked because it was the first time he's ever asked on his own to try and go. I knew it was more because he thought it looked fun to go in there and not that he had to go, but we figured we had to let him try...
 
Travis opened the door and Ethan ran in. After Travis went in and  closed the door I heard him tell Ethan they had to get his pants and diaper off. The next thing I hear is Ethan frantically saying, "No, I don't want to go potty. I don't want to go."
 
Sorry, buddy, those things are  about as far from fun as you can get. Lesson learned. I hope.
 
 

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

Yeah for potty training...boo to port-a-pottys.

That is a funny story. thanks for sharing. :)