A few weeks ago was Travis' birthday. He only asked for two things, one of which was a nice "dressed-up" date. When I asked him what he had in mind he said just something fun that we can get dressed up for and talk. Not just going out to eat. Okay...could you have asked for something harder? First problem: Capri. She is a little attached to me. I'm talking she screams bloody murder the entire time I'm away from her. I felt horrible asking someone to watch her under the preface that she would be a nightmare. Luckily I have a great friend who said she didn't mind. Second problem: where do you go on a 'dress-up and talk' date?? I was clueless. After much thought I came up with the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. We'd never been, and I wasn't sure if it would be up Travis' alley, but it was the best I could think of. So I nailed down a time for babysitters (yeah, plural. Grandma for Ethan, my friend for Capri) and started shopping for a new dressy outfit to round out the birthday present.
So off we went, nervous about leaving Capri with someone, but ecstatic to be out alone for the first time since she was born. The art institute was cool, as far as art goes. Some stuff is interesting, other stuff made us scratch our heads and wonder why we didn't think of welding some metal together and selling it for thousands.
We had a nice time and learned a little more about each other. I also had a revelation in what I'd like for my next pair of glasses...
It came while Travis stood there looking up the nose of this man's giant painting. Those glasses are fantastic!
So, here's what I came up with. A little daring for me, but I got a try-on pair for a few days and I think they're pretty awesome. What do you think? Could I pull them off?
*Oh, yeah, side note: Capri was an angel the entire time we were gone...maybe she's coming around.



3 comments:
I love, love, LOVE the glasses.
I am sad, sad, sad, that Capri cries whenever I try to hold her. I hope she is coming around because I would love to hold her and have her be happy.
Fun glasses! Glasses like that are the new thing-we saw them everywhere when we were in San Francisco.
If it's any consolation, Janie was just like Capri-screamed for anyone but me, including Ryan. She did get over it...around the time she turned three and I had Mason and she realized that it was Ryan or nothing because I was busy with the baby. ;-)
Just kidding, the screaming got better long before she turned three. :)
Total babe Nicole! Those look fantastic on you! I cannot wait to watch Tawnya hold screaming Baby Capri in her arms!
Post a Comment