Friday, November 16, 2012

two little bright spots

I thought I'd post a quick update on Capri and Ethan, since I know of a few grandmas out there who like to keep up with these always changing little ones.


Capri is 4 1/2 months now and she is the most opinionated little baby I have every seen. She knows what she wants and she makes it known. I can't believe how much she takes in and how much she recognizes, even at such a young age. She loves to be carried around and recognizes places and people. Especially me and her room, which make her stop crying and start crying, respectively. I'm incredulous every time, but almost without fail, if I bring her into her room she instantly starts to get hysterical. You'd think it was a torture chamber. She's finally at the stage where toys interest her for a short while and she's started rolling from her back to her stomach. At her check up this month she only weighed 12 lbs, which brings her in at the 26th percentile for weight. She's a little peanut.

And that brings us to Ethan

   He turned three earlier this month and man does he have a flair for the dramatic. He's on the fence between sweet loving boy and hysterical screaming monster from the moment he wakes up. Goodbye terrible two's, hello even more terrible three's. At his three year check up he weighed in at the 90th percentile-quite the opposite from Capri. To balance it out, though his height is also in the 90th percentile, so he's proportionate. It makes me wonder how big of a man he'll turn out to be. He loves tractors, trucks and dirt. Luckily we have plenty of all three. He also loves to dance and sing, which I'm trying hard to foster. Maybe someday we'll be able to sing together. He's kindhearted and very polite. Almost every day he pauses at some point and tells me, "Its a nice day, mom."  Even when its rainy or I've yelled a few too many times. I'm so thankful for this sweet little boy who helps me try to be kinder and look at the sunny side of life, even when its dreary and cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute Nicole! I love them. I can't wait to see them again.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry I am a little slow. I don't get on the computer much with working so much right now. She is so adorable. I miss them more than you know. Keep the pictures coming. Give them a big hug from grandma Eyler.