Monday, October 29, 2012
comparisons
Capri has found her toes. Its kinda the first major milestone I've had to compare with Ethan and its got me thinking (and not just about how cute they are...)
Its fun to look at pictures of them side by side and compare. Sometimes I look at Capri and see Ethan at her age and other times I look at her and see something so different. Having kids is interesting. I find myself day dreaming about what they'll like and what they'll become but as I watch them grow it turns out so different --yet still good. Its made me stop and think about my own life and how sometimes I feel like I'm not enough, or that other people have got things all figured out while I flounder through life.
What I have to tell myself is the same thing that applies to Ethan and Capri applies to me. Its ok that I'm not at the same level or spot in life as someone else. Its ok that what I dreamed I'd be like at this age is no where near what I am. What matters is that I'm doing my best every day and trying to be better. Its who I am and that's what I'm supposed to be. Life's too short to let those negative thoughts run me to the ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a couple of cuties.
Can you imagine how boring life would be if what you wanted to have happen in your life just worked out that way and happened. It would be totally lame.
I am convinced that no matter how far from where we want to be we end up being way more cool becoming who we are suppose to be.
Can't wait to see on thursday :)
Post a Comment