Today one of my dreams came true-I finally attracted a Pileated Woodpecker to the feeder in our back yard.
Living out in the country has made me into something I never expected--a bird watcher. I love to sit at our dining room table and try to figure out what types of birds are out there. We have three other varieties of woodpeckers that frequent this feeder, but I've been dreaming of seeing one of these for the last few years. I stood there watching it eat for a solid 5 minutes. That I got a picture of it is just the icing on the cake. They are such strange, huge birds.

2 comments:
Nicole,
YOu are my favorite person of the day today. I love that you bird watch and that you were specifically looking for a "Pileated Woodpecker". I am glad your dream came true. They do look like really cool birds.
I love this. You could probably talk to Grandma and she'd tell you about all the birds that frequent the area. She always told me when we were sitting on the back porch sippin' our kool-aid!
Post a Comment