Monday, July 22, 2013

at the farm


On Saturday we took a trip to Kelly Farm. Its run by the Minnesota Historical Society and is all pre-industrial revolution--meaning they have no machines to do the work.


Upon first glance, Ethan and Capri weren't all that excited. Ethan kept asking, "Where are the Tractors? I want to see Frank (the combine)."


Then we turned corner and saw a herd of sheep grazing right in front of us and he thought it was a little cooler.


I was a little nervous around horns this large...


After we had checked all the animals Ethan found the water pump and it was pretty much over from there. He was obsessed with filling up the water barrel so the cows could have a drink. He also got to go into the chicken coop and feed the chickens.


Capri thought the animals were great. She squealed and squeaked every time we got near some. We had a really fun time seeing this little piece of Minnesota History. Ethan thought the animals were pretty cool, but once we were back in the car he asked, "Mom, can we go to the farm with the Tractors and Combines now?" I guess we know were his true loyalty lies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I think it is amazing the sheep aren't bothered by you all. We saw sheep once and they ran away from us if we flicked our finger! Capri is so cute!

Tawnya said...

This is a fun little field-trip. I also love the baseball caps. A family that hats-it-up together stays together. I love Capri's little babble. And I love how different things interest Ethan. Things you would never expect. I love his little brain.