Thursday, July 11, 2013

too big


Today I let go of my baby and sent him off to preschool. Well, just a preschool summer camp, but still. Three seems so young to turn your child over to school, yet on the other hand, he's ready for some social interaction and a structured learning environment. 

He's been so excited all week to go-the theme of his class is "We're going in a bug hunt." Right up his alley. He felt so big as we walked into the school he told me he didn't need to hold my hand and when they opened the classroom he ran in and never looked back. I knew he was nervous with all the strange faces around but he was brave and we've been working on how to introduce yourself to new friends. I had full confidence in him. 

When I picked him up the teacher said he had a really good day. Add that to the big smile and hug I got when he saw me and I was a pretty proud mamma. 

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh my goodness. You are a brave mama. I am not ready for him to go to school and I am only his Aunt who is a teacher. I am glad he had a good day :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of both of you! That's smart to work on introducing yourself to people! That's probably why I was so weird.

Fran said...

I can't believe Jess just dissed me in public! Anyhow, it's wonderful to hear about Ethan being so confident and trying new things. Nicole, did you cry a little bit? It's very hard to send them down the path you know they must take. Congrats to both of you!