Wednesday, October 9, 2013

my kids do chores without being asked...

The other day Ethan and Capri and I were outside playing outside. I ran inside for a minute to check on something, and when I came back I found this...


Ethan was holding the hose, streaming water into the fire pit. Capri was sitting in it, happy as a clam. When I asked Ethan what was going on he said: "The fire pit looked dirty so I was cleaning it."
Capri (who has a slight obsession with bath time) thought she might as well get clean too.


She wasn't too happy once she realized what a mess she was. And lets just say I wasn't too thrilled about her doing it in her brand new shoes. Despite everything it was a rather proud mommy moment for me. I didn't freak out or yell at all (I really shocked myself on that one...). I wouldn't go so far as to say I found it humerous, but I just kept telling myself: "They're just kids...they're just clothes...it's all washable..." and I held it together pretty well.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh this is just the beginning of what these two will figure out to do together. The saying, "Two heads are better than one" is a misnomer when it comes to children!
Enjoy their creativity.

Tawnya said...

I love them. I think you just might be in for a wild ride. You handled it amazingly. Well done.