Last weekend we packed up and headed to John Deere World Headquarters. We've been promising Ethan for about a year now, so we figured it was time to make good on those promises. Days before we left Ethan had the itinerary all laid out: check out tractors and buy a new toy. When I told him the toy was questionable he responded, "Mom, I'm bringing my piggy bank this time..." Apparently this was gonna be a trip worth breaking the bank for.
It took us about six hours to get there and Ethan talked the entire way. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. I don't think I've ever been so close to a mental breakdown. We got some dinner, swam in the hotel pool, and got a questionable nights rest in before we headed to the JD Pavillion the next morning.
This little boy was in heaven.
They had a variety of their most popular machinery out for the kids to climb in and check out. Ethan couldn't believe how huge Frank the Combine was.
The bulldozer was a pretty big hit. He had to test out how strong it was by trying to push it himself. When it didn't move he decided it was a pretty strong one.
They also had an excavator simulator and he was impressed with that, too.
Capri really wasn't all that thrilled until she found the books. She's quite the bookworm.
It all became real for her, though, when we hit the gift shop. She wasn't leaving that place empty handed- but then again neither was Travis. All in all, it was a pretty good trip, though that's mostly due to the fact that Ethan did not talk the entire six hours home.
3 comments:
I just love the pictures. Nicole, you always tell a good story through your photos. Those kiddos just melt my heart. You just made that little guy's dreams come true. What a fun trip!
Six hours! I'm proud of you guys. This trip looks like a great time! I love that Ethan is so excited about tractors. He looks good in them. And cute little Capri is adorable as always! I love all of your photos, especially the last one. You can see the jealousy in the little boys eyes that Capri appears to be getting three new toys and his parents are holding a poster. And I agree with Tawnya, your photos always tell a tale!
Ethan was so excited to tell us about John Deere World Headquarters! It's great you captured their excitement through these photos, because Ethan may not remember all the details a few years from now. So loveable!!
Post a Comment