
I love Cherry Chip cake and it has been a rough couple years so I felt the need to share the good news. Let me explain...As I said, I love Cherry Chip cake (with cherry frosting) and it's what I asked for every year on my birthday for as long as I can remember. About 2 or 3 years ago, as my birthday was getting near, my mom went to get my cake and none of the grocery stores around had any. Apparently, they decided to discontinue that flavor of cake and frosting. I was so disappointed! I loved that cake. I my book there isn't anything else that even comes close. So, for the past 3 birthdays I have had to settle for less than the best. When my parents moved to CA my mom found that they still sold it in grocery stores out there. How could this be!? It was so not fair. Well, about a month ago I was walking down the baking aisle at Super Target, which I occasionally did, just to make sure there wasn't any Cherry Chip on the shelf (after three years, I was still in denial). Anyway, I was walking through Super Target and to my surprise, there it was--a Cherry Chip cake and right next to it...cherry frosting! I couldn’t believe it! So, in my excitement I bought 3 boxes of it that day. Living alone, I have no intention of eating the cake anytime soon, but at least I have the security of knowing that it’s sitting on my shelf. Now every time I go to the grocery store I have to walk down the baking aisle to make sure that they are still in stock. And you thought it took a lot to get me excited...
8 comments:
We have a joke about cherry chip cake at our house too! When Nolan was turning two we were at Cub and I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. I was not really expecting him to have an answer, but he said "cherrrr-y cake, cherrrr-y cake" and pointed to the box on the shelf. I didn't think he knew what that was. We made it and it was good! Now it is a joke between Ryan and me, but now that you mention it I hadn't seen it in a while. I had no idea they had stopped stocking it.
I'm glad you found some. Now you can sleep at night knowing your food storage is in place! ;-)
That is like me and a salad at Wendys! They had this southwest ceasar back in 2003 that I LOVED!!! They got rid of it and I looked probably once a month to see if it was back. Last month they brought it back and I was in heaven!!!!!!!!!!
OOPS.. I said, " You know you could always share one of your Cherry chip cakes with all of us at Linger Longer ;-), either way, you may just find one there!
You sound like Kaden is with the Rainbow chip cake. He calls it his "sprinkle" cake.
You should buy 1 box every time you see it on the shelf, just in case they do stop carrying it again!
Hi Nicole! I found your blog through Audrey's. I'm glad your cake is back on the shelves--I felt the same way when Perkins discontinued its bread bowl salads...isn't it funny how attached we get to these things?!
Just like everyone else, I think we all have a story like this. It's pretty funny that we miss them so mch but how awesome is it that they come back out with them! Enjoy it when you make it.
That has been my special cake since I was a little girl. Your Grandpa Veres would make it for me every birthday, Cherry Chip Cake With Cherry Frosting and then he would put Maraschino Cherries on the top. I'm hoping I get one this year for the big "50"
Love Aunt Cyndi
Post a Comment