Monday, June 23, 2008

My place of refuge

shrine
noun
1. a place of worship hallowed by association with some sacred thing or person
2. a holy or sacred place

I feel it's time to confess to everyone that I am building a shrine in my house. Well, ok, maybe not a shrine (I do most of my worshiping at church), but a beginners library for sure! This room is one of my favorite places to sit and relax. I love to read in my comfy futon chair which I have to kick Ruby off of so I can sit down. I can't think of any activity I enjoy more than sitting down and reading a good book. The more caught up I can get the better. It is so relaxing to grab a book and get lost in the story, especially after a long day or when I'm feeling down. I am so glad that there are talented people out there who can write such entertaining, educational, and all together wonderful books like the ones I have read. My collection is small, but I am slowly working my way towards my dream of having a library full of good literature in my house at some point in the future. The only downfall I can see in all of this is that books aren't exactly the lightest thing to have to pack up and move. Sorry Trav.

6 comments:

Andie said...

YES! I love that the Twilight books and "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" have been given their rightful place on the top shelf!

Audrey said...

I was laughing that twilight was on the top shelf too:)

Nicole said...

Yeah, I put books those books on the top shelf so they can stand alone in all their glory.

Anonymous said...

You get your love of reading from your mother. Now that we know we will be able to send you some of our favorite ones too.

Traci said...

Very nice!! Do you have hard cover books of all 3 of the Twilight books? I have paper backs of 2, and the only hard cover I have is Eclipse. I think I need to get the hard covers of the other two.

That chair looks rather comfortable, also.

Tawnya said...

Way to go Nicole!!! Your library is looking great and when you have kids I can totally help you out in the children's lit department.