Monday, July 7, 2008

California Adventures


I just got back from my trip to see my family in California. I had a good time hanging out and relaxing. We went to the movies and saw Get Smart. I thought it was hilarious. We also went to Newport Beach where we saw the temple and walked down the boardwalk. (where Chase and Krista had to show off their "recreational clothes".) My parents have 2 chameleons that are pretty cool to look at but I don't like to hold them. On the 4th of July we stayed home and played some games. It was in the 100s the whole week and we didn't want to go sit in the heat waiting for the fireworks to start. We also went to Oceanside, CA and spent the day laying on the beach. It was a little cloudy that day so I didn't go in the water. That's ok though because Travis would be sad if I got eaten by a shark or a giant squid (he's afraid that those lurk in waist deep water). Overall, I had a good time and it was nice to see my family. Now it's back to reality.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Glad you had a great time. Chase and Krista look so grown up to me.

Ryan and the kids have a request...can Travis ever post any updates from Iraq on your blog?

Audrey said...

FUN!!!!

Kristen said...

I thought Chase and Krista looked so grown up also, that was my first thought and then wow, your mom looks great. We are glad that you are back, but we all miss Ruby already. Good thing we will see her tonight!