Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July update from Travis

Travis usually sends weekly email updates that I am going to post on here for people to read. He has been sending them for a while, so just to catch everyone up (so his email makes some sense) they wrecked a Humvee a few weeks ago and it is in the shop getting fixed. The rest should make sense. I will try to post these as he sends them. Enjoy...

Well happy Independence Day to all of you on the home front. I am sure you all are enjoying your days off. I would kill for a three day weekend. The funny thing about that statement is it is so close to true. On the flip side of things I have finally picked up Corporal, I am now a Non-Commissioned Officer of the United States Marine Corps. My truck is still in the shop but I have found out that I have a skill as a seven ton driver. So I drive and we still go out every now and then. In case you are wondering what a seven ton is, it is a truck that is shaped like a dump truck except its wheels are almost as tall as I am. You can do some serious off-roading with these bad boys- trust me. Other than that it's life as normal. The Army unit that's stationed with us is now leaving so we shall see what kind of goons they send to replace them. Talk to you all later and BBQ some nice ones-Travis
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Does Travis have a camera? Can they share or send pictures also? It was nice to read an update from Travis. I am sure it gets hard for you to always have to re-tell all the updates to everyone?!

Nicole said...

He has a camera, but for security reasons he doesn't send them to me. Last time I asked him he said he had taken like 300 pictures...I'll have a lot to look at when he gets home.

Anne said...

Hey Nicole! I got here through Tawnya's new blog...nice job, by the way! So fun to see an update from Travis! You've got a fun little blog..I'll check in more often.