Thursday, July 10, 2008

Conversion is for everyone!

I have something a little spiritual in nature to share today. Being a lifelong member of the church I haven't really ever taken the time to think about being "converted" to the gospel. It always seemed to me that the gospel just kind of fell into place without much work or change on my part. Last night I found a little different perspective on things after I went out on splits with the missionaries to visit 2 women who are investigating the church. Both of them had been looking for "something" in their life and since they've found the church they have found the answer to their prayers. They were both so happy and at peace with what the gospel brings to them. After I got home I started thinking about this and tried to apply the word 'conversion' to my life. I realized that conversion isn't always complex and it's not always a grand change in your life. I am converted, or reconverted, to the gospel every day as I have questions or face challenges in my life that I overcome through turning to the gospel. Then, once I turn to the gospel, I make changes in my life to be more in line with those principles. Just like the two ladies I met yesterday, I find peace and direction when I take my questions and troubles to the Lord. Each day I become a little stronger and I strive to become a little more Christ-like. This, to me, is my conversion. It's the small, simple changes that I make in my life. I'm happy to know that it is a life-long process and that I can continue to grow strong in the gospel just like new members of the church.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

After being a member 10 years this September and experiencing what you saw in these two ladies, I experienced that at the age of 23, it has been both for me. I had my conversion at one distinct time, but since then, I have to continue to strive to endure and strengthen my testimony. It is a constant effort that needs nourishment and can't be taken for granted! Thanx for the insightful post.

Kristen said...

Oh, I forgot to add, it is nice to see that the counter is below 100 days. 96... and counting! Not fast enough, ey?