Getting Closer
Well another solid week down and many more to go. My truck has been repaired and I continue to drive around in the wilderness pointlessly and recklessly at that. We also got the new army unit in this week. Unfortunately, I am not impressed. We had a fuel tanker outside with all our fuel in it that had a dripping valve. No problem because it only dripped when you are using it, so we just shut the valve off when we're done and amazingly the leak stops. Well in their paranoid thought process they decided they could not handle the dripping. So in their attempt to fix it they took the whole valve off. Well you can imagine what happens when you take the whole valve off of a semi trailer full of fuel- it is comparable to taking the lid off a gallon of milk turning it upside down and then trying to put the lid back on! It was hilarious, however we now need to wait for another semi trailer to be delivered before we can go on any long trips. They also sent out the military version of the environmental protection agency, there's a bunch of goons if I ever saw some. They hadn't the slightest clue what to do so they simply dug a trench around the tanker. Um excuse me for asking but how are they supposed to get the trailer out of there with a trench right in front of the hitch? So now we are laughing at the new army unit and they are feeling like idiots. I do however give them an A+ for effort and an A+ for initiative. We are still waiting for word our on flights out of here but that wont start getting to us for a few months. The Recon team stationed here starts leaving in two weeks and we shall see what they send us for replacements. Other than that not much has been up, catch you all next week.
-Travis
3 comments:
Hi Travis....thanks for posting, Nicole. As I was reading, I was thinking about what a piece of history you are creating for your family.
I am speaking in sacrament this week on "alternative methods of journaling". (Bishop's idea). I may just have to use your guys' letters/blogs as a good example!
Hey Nicole! I hope you don't mind I found your blog on Tawnya's page. I really enjoyed all of your posts and I love that you post updates from Travis as well!
Love the picture Travis! Thanks for sharing with all of us. It's too bad we couldn't see a picture of the tanker with a trench around it, of course for security reasons, we will create our own visual!
Post a Comment