Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home is where the heart is


Home is my favorite place in the world; nothing can compare.
I was thinking about the Primary song "Home" and wondered what it is about home that makes it such a wonderful place? Why, when we go on vacation are we always itching to come home no matter how good of a time we are having, no matter who we are with? For me, home is more than the place where all my stuff is; it's a place where I feel peace, comfort, love, and where the spirit dwells. It's my refuge away from the world and the place where I can really come to know myself. I love the peace and quite of my house. I love time to sit, think, and ponder about the things that are troubling me, the things that I have been blessed with, and what my dreams are. I know that my home will not always be as quiet as it is right now, but even with a little more noise, I know that the spirit will still dwell here and it will always be a place of love and refuge for my family. I love how everything in this house says "Nicole" (or "Nicole & Travis"). As I look around my house everything I see is something that I put there. I love how I can see my personality in the furniture, books, pictures, and decorations I have. Those things, while worldly, add to the peaceful, comfortable atmosphere. I'm so thankful that I have a family, though small right now, and that we have a place to rest from the cares of the world. As the song says: "Home is where the heart is, and warmth and love abound." For me, the sacredness of my home is second only to the temple.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing that. After none of us, except for you could sing the words to that song, we realized after you shared it with us, how beautiful it is.

Audrey said...

I completely agree!!!!!!
Its funny how you want to be home even if you live in a nasty little duplex in Hopkins with a weirdo living downstairs. I may be speaking from experience.