TGIF
Things have been very, very slow this week which is nice for a change. Most of you probably heard that in Afghanistan a small base was over-run by a hundred or so militants. Because of that the government, in all its wisdom, has decided to cram as much ammo down our throats as we can handle (and then a little more). Nobody wants to be the repeat in Iraq and nobody wants to answer to that big mistake so everybody is over reacting. Other than that I took some time off from lifting weights which I find relaxing and have picked up movie watching. Yes movie watching, I can't even count the number of movies I have watched. On top of that we have an X-Box 360 so I have been playing tons of Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2, a marvelous shoot em' up game from Mr. Tom Clancy. I have found myself nit picking games and movies and if enough things are wrong with them I stop watching. For example when you watch a movie and someone is shooting an M4 and they shoot 100 rounds from a thirty round clip--it's absurd where was the magazine change? Or how about the tv shows where people shoot Beretta 9mm at each other and reload after seven shots--it is a fifteen round magazine! So beside that things continue to creep along out here. We will be shutting down operations here early and heading back to a larger base where we can travel the countryside and see the desert. So the last day you would want to send any packages or letters is Saturday the 16th of August. I know that is coming up but anything after that I probably wont get. Well time to run, talk to you all in a week.
-Travis
3 comments:
I think that the x-box is a deployment requirment! Sounds familiar.
I agree with Travis. I have a hard time with medical shows for the same reason---too many things wrong with them. The nurse in me wants to scream when I see certain things misrepresented. For example, one of the early episodes of ER showed a woman giving birth over the course of several hours, and subsequently dying due to medical malpractice of the ER doc, right in the ER. That would never happen when there is a perfectly good maternity ward upstairs.
Also, about Grey's Anatomy...I think very few surgical residents have time for the kind of skanky-hanky-panky that goes on on that show! They mostly work 48 hour shifts and live on coffee and donuts; they do not "live on love" as portrayed on that show!
Travis, I enjoy reading your entries. We have really loved getting to know Nicole and Ruby. It is nice to be able to keep up with you also! I hope that time just starts flying by for you!
Post a Comment