Less than 20 weeks left
Well hello all. Another week down and a bunch more to go. We have been up to no good at all out here. We have been left alone (without superiors) and now we are getting into things we should most likely not be doing. Some of us (myself included) are actually trying to find a mathematical formula for the rate at which Marines lose intelligence when hanging out in large numbers unsupervised. Interestingly enough we have yet to figure it out because it is more like a switch that they turn on and off. Besides that we have enjoyed many solid laughs watching the Army "operate" and then we usually help because we are so bored that we have nothing else to do. Many of you may have heard, others may not have, that Camp Fallujah is being shut down. After years of battle and destruction Marines have put a leash on the deadliest city in Iraq and are now shutting down the base. Things are so safe Marines have gone out on patrols without Bullet proof vests and helmets. I thought you all might be interested to hear the non-political side of how things are advancing, and if you know the history of Fallujah then you can see how this is truly a massive step towards self government by the Iraqi's. Besides that, not much else to report. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the nice weather while you have it, till next week- Travis
2 comments:
Travis, I am so glad that you shared about the success that has been happening in Iraq. Funny, how that isn't reported as much as the negative? Now, I hope that you can stay out of trouble for 20 more weeks!;-) When the cats away the mice will play! You know I think you are entitled to some goofing off.....time flies when your having fun... which is what is the ultimate goal why you all are away.
I think it's hysterical the way Travis writes about the Army guys that come to his base. I've been told that Marines are very elite; the best of the best warriors that our country has. What does he think of Air Force guys? ;-)
Post a Comment