I have a funny story
I was visiting another ward on Sunday where I didn't really know anyone. One person did know I was in the Anoka Ward and knew that our youth had recently had youth conference. Here's where the story gets good. It started when she asked a question that caught me off guard. She asked "Did you go to youth conference?" I tried not to get a look of bewilderment on my face and said "No." Her next comment was the kicker..."Oh, are you too young?" At this point I was in total disbelief...I said, "No, I"m 23." She responded, "Oh, I didn't think you looked 14." No, apparently she thought I looked 12 if I was qualifying as too young to go to youth conference. Now, you are probably all thinking I found the fountain of youth since I look 10 years younger than I am. I think at 23 that's a pretty big accomplishment (although it would be nice to be looked at as an adult one of these days), but, no, I haven't found the fountain of youth. Maybe it's something in my water...I'm going to have to look into that. If I find out my secret to everlasting youth I'll let you know, but for now, it looks like I'll continue getting younger while the rest of you continue to age.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Everlasting youth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Um..... if you find out what that secret is... let me know. I recently got asked if I was the mother to someone only 10 years younger than me!(Sound familiar);-)Actually, Nicole you will be grateful for that young looking face, when you are older! Some of us would love to look younger than we are! It always...seems like the grass looks greener on the other side!
Ok really. Really? You certainly don't look OLD, but 12??? Come on. Although, I used to have the same problem. I think I have young looking features, but the crows feet and 5 kids are giving me away by now!
Enjoy it Nicole! I found that as soon as I had kids the "you look so young" comments went by the wayside. In fact someone once called me a cradle robber when they saw a picture of Weston! Just be thankful your hubby doesn't look like a teenager!:)
You have your dad's "baby face"...consider yourself lucky! You will appreciate it so much when you are older. In the last year, I have been asked by someone working at Costco if I am the mother to Ryan Carlson and just last weekend at Borders the worker there assumed I was the mother of Rikki Moss. If I had Ryan when I was 11 and Rikki at 14 I suppose it could be true!
Post a Comment