Friday, August 29, 2008

Hello September

Hello again. I have another update from the front-- I can finally testify that I have seen the edge of the universe. When you look off into the distance you see what looks like water. Most people see this in the summer due to the heat radiating off the ground. Well, here you can see so far that it just goes and goes and goes. It doesn't look like a lake out there it looks like the ocean. No matter how much you travel towards it it keeps getting farther away. I have also discovered that Iraq has a huge crater from an asteroid much like the one the USA has in Winslow, AZ. We went out there and checked it out. Pretty cool. This leads a lot of us to believe we might just be in Arizona, kind of like the movie "The Truman Show" ...we shall never know. Besides that, over the next two days we are getting all new vehicles and they were shipped straight from the states, so no more hand me downs. The stuff we have now is good but what we are getting is even better, so keep paying your taxes so we can get more stuff! We are getting closer to starting our RIP which is the process of switching out units. Just a few more weeks. I have found out that we will not be going to a larger base and that we will just stay put a little while longer. That could be a good thing since the chow hall here is a thirty second walk from any spot on our base and on the bigger base it is a thirty minute bus ride. Yeah no joke, it is huge. I've heard interesting news about leaving Iraq in 2011. I am not sure how that will happen when there is so much stuff here, but who knows. I am am sure the truth will come out after the elections, it always does. I hope you all keep safe and enjoy your upcoming weeks-Travis
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Travis do you keep updated on all the political stuff there, also? Do you get to watch television like you would here? Enjoy the heat while it lasts, because it was 54 degrees when we woke up this morning!

Nicole said...

They do have TV but it's a military network so they probably don't see exactly the same stuff as we do. They might get CNN though, I don't know. They do have internet, so he knows what's going on that way.