I never realized how much stuff I ask Travis to do around the house, but more than that, I never realized how much of it I HATE doing. I came up with a short-and in no way complete-list.Things I've had to do since Travis has been gone:
1. Get the oil changed in my car
2. Replace the gas cap on my car (which involved going and buying car parts)
3. Change the air filter in the furnace
4. Turn on the outside water in the spring
5. Find a stud in the wall to hang a large picture on
6. Kill huge, black crickets that got into the house (I get the creeps just thinking about it)
7. Replace the outside light bulbs
8. Remember to take out the garbage weekly
9. Pick out a Christmas tree without him to judge the height
10. Call a refrigerator repair man
11. Do the dishes
12. Clean leftovers out of the fridge
It's funny to look at this list and realize how many of these things I put off for weeks longer than I should have because I was dreading doing it. I appreciate Travis so much more now that I have been been forced into doing all of the stuff that he normally helps me with. I don't feel more independent having done all these things, actually, the it's the opposite, I can't wait to hand it all back over to him. I love ya hon!
3 comments:
Yep, I've always been a firm believer in the division of labor along gender lines. I don't care if I'm not an independent, liberated woman. I'm more than happy not to have to snowblow the driveway, fix computers, or use power tools of any sort.
I been married for a 13 years and have never done 7 of those things on your list. I guess I should give Mike a lot more credit huh?
There were 5 on your list that I have never done and Benjy won't let me mow the lawn. I guess Travis will have plenty to do when he gets home.
Post a Comment