This past weekend I went down to Red Wing, MN with Fran and John, Travis' parents. We spent the day boating down the Mississippi River and through Lake Pepin. The Schupps came with their boat too, so we stopped and had a picnic lunch along the way. I decided to bring Ruby for her first boat ride. I wasn't sure how she would like the boat and was hoping she wouldn't ruin the day by being a terror. As it turned out she did enjoy it...while we were going slow. She thought it was pretty fun to look over the side of the boat at the water.
The leaves on the trees had just barely started to turn. In another week or two I bet it will be beautiful down there.
Here's Ruby once we started going fast. She didn't like all of the wind and bouncing around. She tried to hide as much as possible.
I thought this tree was really pretty. It was in the park where we launched the boat. Fall in Minnesota is so beautiful.On our drive home, just outside of Hastings, we were driving through a less populated area and I saw something I thought was hilarious. Along the road there were two beat up, rusted out trucks for sale. Each had a sign on them with information and then between the two, on a huge plywood board, was a painted sign that said "2 for 1 special". Seriously? How much more hillbilly can you get? There's always something interesting to see driving through the country. I'm rarely disappointed.
5 comments:
Nicole, I love taking boat rides. They are so fun and relaxing. That tree i samazing. I love MN at this time of year it's so beautiful!
Looks like fun!
That tree is beautiful.
If you ever want to see some serious backwoods, take a scenic drive thru West Virginia. We've done it twice on our way to N. Carolina, lets just say the last time Ryan thought we'd save some time by getting off the interstate. Big mistake. We were afraid of getting lost and nobody finding us, ever. Every business we passed had a taxidermy in it. No joke.
Ruby looks so scared in that picture. I'm glad you had a good time,it sounds like you have some good in-laws.
Awesome pics. They are so pretty. Charlee hates boat rides. He is nervous the whole time. Good to hear Ruby did great!
Post a Comment