Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting even closer

Well now it is official- we are going to be coming home soon. This is confirmed in the fact that they have given us the speech about doings things we shouldn't. For example, turret gunners listening to music on convoys, drivers steering with their knees while they relax, and VC's using the com. to make fun of other convoys by frequency hopping. I'm sure it is no big surprise that we also have a record board showing how fast we can get to certain places and back. Yeah, that thing got taken down right before the meeting. So besides the group of buzz kills we have out here life has still been the same smooth yet messed up environment. The Marine Engineers are here giving our base a "face lift". Only in the government would they repair a building they are just going to destroy in a month or so. We have all started talking politics now and that has become very heated. Funny, I thought no one really cared who our top dog was but when you have a potential Vice Pres. who's son is going to Iraq then maybe people start to get the picture of what it is all about. So naturally there are a few Osama oops! Obama supporters here and the rest have been pushing McCain mostly because everybody loves the VP. She is a proven down to earth person who obviously has family issues, just like us, but isn't afraid to show it like Osama oops again! Obama (whose brother is in another country working in a sweatshop eating raw fish). Anyway, besides the political junk we are fine and we have started to clean and ship out gear already. It is a great feeling to know we are sending equipment home because sooner or later it will have to be us. Until next week-Travis
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad to hear that there are a lot of you Sarah Palin fans over there too! She is amazing and has really boosted my support of the Republican-Conservative Party!!!! Is it getting cooler there now? It is soooo chilly here at night. 52 this morning!

Anne said...

Hi Nicole, Have I told you how much I love reading these updates from Travis? He's just as funny in print as in real life! I'm so sorry that you have to be apart right now, but thank you for sharing these little pieces of him with the rest of us.

Andie said...

Yeah, Sarah Palin is a freakin' rock star! We all love her back home too.

shantel said...

I'm glad you guys are on the tail end of your seperation.I hope the time remaining goes fast for you!