This weekend I took a day trip up to Duluth with Travis' mom and dad. When John first suggested we go up there he referred to it as making a "Power run". I was a little skeptical about using the term power in relation to driving someplace but once it was clarified further I realized he just meant go up there for the day while driving at speeds not exceeding the posted limits. We had a nice time and the weather was a beautiful 75 degrees. I was a little nervous at how Ruby would act around all the people because she gets a little nervous sometimes but she did really well. It was so nice to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather. I think Duluth is a great place to visit.
Ok, so I have to get this out in the open right up front. Pretty much all I do in the car on any drive longer than 30 minutes is sleep. Travis, I hope you appreciate me admitting this, it's not something I'm proud of. Seriously though, I can't control it. I try sooo hard to stay awake and it just doesn't work.
I think I am car-coleptic.
Once we got to Duluth we stopped by one of the beaches off the highway and enjoyed the water. Ruby was a little scared of walking on the rocks at first (she's such a chicken) but after a few minutes she was hopping from rock to rock. Then we traveled a little farther north to Two Harbors and had lunch.
When we got to the end of the pier and started to walk up to the lighthouse she got really nervous--there were a lot of people up there and the stairs were crowded--so I waited with her at the base of the steps while John & Fran went up to look. While we were waiting these two ladies stopped and asked me about Ruby. They had their dog with them too (you can see it down by my feet). The dogs met (you know, sniffed each other in a few select places) and then got along fine. I asked what their dog's name was and they said Charley....I know, I think Ruby is a Charley Magnet! Don't worry though, Charlee V. you'll always be first in her heart. ;) These were just two of many people who stopped and asked if they could pet Ruby and commented on how cute she is. She just loves the attention.
The last stop we made was up to Enger Tower where they have a nice little park and shade flower garden to walk around. I had been to the tower before but never down to the park so that was enjoyable.
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures. I am so happy for you. We love Duluth too. It is somewhat of a mystical place.
I love the pictures! Sounds like you had a great day. I have to admit that I usually sleep in the car, even on the way to work in the morning it takes over 30 minutes to get to work.
Post a Comment