Saturday, October 25, 2008

Five years running


Today was the annual Gray Ghost Halloween Run through downtown Anoka. I love running in this race, although, with the pace I run at it's not really a race. This is my 5th year participating and it's still fun every year. It all started out with Brandee, Chase, and I running in the cold, misty rain in 2004. After we got done and my parents saw that we weren't dead they decided to run it with us the next year. The third year Krista joined in the fun and so did Travis, since he had joined the family. By the fourth year my parents had moved so it was just me and Travis. I don't think he really enjoys it, but deals with it for me because I love it so much. This year, with Travis gone, I was afraid I would have to run by myself until Tawnya said she was going to be home and wanted to run too. I was so excited to have someone to go with. It wouldn't be nearly as fun doing it alone. When I got up this morning it was cloudy and kinda rainy. I was a little afraid of what the weather was going to be like. We got lucky though and by the time we left at 10:30 am it was nice and sunny. We went down and walked around Anoka warming up our legs before the race--you have to show up early because they block off the roads and there isn't a whole lot else to do besides walk around. We went and saw all of the floats lined up getting ready for the parade and looked at all of the people in their creative, crazy costumes. It's always fun to look around and see if I can find any one I know, since a lot of people make this a yearly tradition. I'm glad that I was able to run again this year, I really enjoyed myself and it was a beautiful day.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tawnya said...

Thanks for kicking my trash today! Be Prepared for next year.

Anne said...

OK, I'm a little bummed. I totally should have run with you guys! I didn't realize it was that late in the day. Next year!

Andie said...

Good job, Nicole. I MISS RUNNING!!!!

Kristen said...

I wish I would have run it this year too! Way to go!

shantel said...

Maybe next year I'll try to run in it. I always regret it after the fact. Good Job!!!

Fran said...

What an awesome day for a run. Glad you had Tawnya to run with you this year, even if you kicked her can!

LauriJo said...

That sounds like so much fun. I had no idea you had done that race before. Tawnya says that it is going to be a tradition for her too, and I am now roped in, but that is a good thing. I love running!