Ruby has been going through a roller coaster of emotions since Travis got back and I am starting to get concerned. Before Travis came home Ruby and I were on a good schedule of waking up, working for a while, eating breakfast, working more, eating lunch, working more...you get the picture. Travis coming home upset the balance for a while because I took a few days off work. So, not only did Ruby not have to be trapped in my office with me, she had a new friend who paid a lot more attention to her than I did.
She must have thought she had died and gone to heaven with all the fun she was having. Then, reality started setting back in when I had to go back to work and Travis had to start going down to Ft. Snelling every day. For the entire next week Ruby would get up in the morning and frantically look around for Travis who had already left. When she couldn't find him and I would trap her in the office with me she would lay, self-exiled in her kennel and mope until noon when he got home. She wouldn't even come down and eat her food in the morning. Once she saw Travis was home it was a total 180--she was no longer depressed but ready to play (after she ate, of course). This has continued into this week and without much change. Seriously, I think this dog needs some depression medication--I wouldn't want to have to go through the highs and lows that she is experiencing every day as Travis comes and goes. I'm glad she took to him so well, but I have to admit, I am a little hurt that I was so quickly and easily replaced as the most fun in Ruby's eyes. I thought the 8 months we spent together would have accounted for something. Guess not. To make myself feel better I keep saying that Travis babies her and that she is just smart enough to take advantage of the attention when she can get it...denial, I know.
4 comments:
THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND BLUE!!!!!!! Seriously! He fellin love with Ty when he got home too. He has pretty much been his dog ever sense!
Well Charlee and I are buds, but he loves Benjy too! HE sees me as the alpha dog, because I feed him and let him out the most, but really Benjy is the one to play with him? I wonder if there is something to that?
Maybe she just misses her "doggy" friend Charlee? Hopefully you brought her with you to Kristen's tonight :)
I think Ruby just misses her Grandma!!!
Post a Comment