My wonderful day yesterday was quickly turned around this morning when I got up. First let me start by saying that I was still having technical issues with my computer so I had to go downtown again today. This is a drag because it's really really hard to get up at 5 am when my schedule is normally rise and shine at 6:30. To make matters worse I can't go to sleep early the night before so I end up getting way less sleep than I need. Well, this morning I drug myself out of bed and went to start the shower and no water came out.
Ugghh! I couldn't believe it. The first year we moved into our house we had our main water pipe freeze. It's the pipe that brings the water in from the ground and it's down in the bottom level of our three story house. It's always really cold down there and we have trouble getting the warm air to circulate. We put pipe insulators on after it happened in hopes of preventing further freezing. The pipes didn't freeze last year, which I realize now was just the Lord blessing me whileTravis was gone...since it clearly wasn't a one time thing... So I am now a little frantic because I barely ha

d enough time to get ready as it was, it's now 5:05, and I have no water at all. I felt bad, but had to wake Travis up and tell him. He was not happy but, being the wonderful husband he is, went downstairs with my blow dryer and tried to thaw out the pipe. Thawing our copper pipes with a blow dryer probably isn't the safest thing ever but we didn't have many other options. Luckily, it only took about 10 minutes for the ice to crack. We both ended up hurrying through our showers and leaving by 6. It was quite a morning. Once I got home I had to try and install more equipment on my computer. This time, luckily, it worked and now

I am happy to say I don't have to get up at 5 am tomorrow.
It feels so good to be back on my normal schedule that tonight I had a relaxation night. Here's what I had planned: finish the book I've been reading, check my emails and the blog scene, eat a grilled cheese and ham sandwich and drink some water, play with Ruby, and watch TV. All this in some wonderfully comfy pajamas.
Ahhh. So nice.

Side note: I was thinking, if it's around -30 degrees outside and around 70 degrees inside that's a teperature difference of 100 degrees. Crazy!
6 comments:
I love the picture of the computer, book, sandwhich and Ruby! I bet you are loving the fact that you get to stay in the warm house today!
So was the shower really cold than????
Audrey,
Nope-when the pipes freeze it just doesn't allow water to come through to the house. Once it's thawed the water can still come from the water heater.
That is awful and I can honestly say I know how you feel. Every year we either run out of propain or oil, and we either lose our heat or our hot water. Not fun especially with a bunch of kids. Glad everything is back to normal.
LOL, Travis looks so happy to be fixing that pipe at 5AM! What a nice guy to crawl out of bed and fix it for you!
This weather is CRAZY!!! I'm looking forward to warmer days!
Post a Comment