Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Major violations

Let me start out by saying I think I have majorly violated my dog. Now, please don't report me to the Humane Society until you hear my case. Dog clothing is a trendy thing right now and I didn't want Ruby to feel left out--so over the past year she's gotten a few cute sweaters and dresses to wear. I don't see any harm in this; many other pet owners do the same to their animals. With one of her super cute outfits on she still gets to eat, drink, breathe clean air, and sleep in a warm, soft, extra large bed. About now you may be thinking, where's the violation? Well, all I have to do is look at her face after I put an outfit on and I instantly start feeling guilty. As soon as the clothing process is complete she stands there, frozen, for about a minute with a look on her face that says to me, "Seriously? I look like a clown." She then lays there and pouts for another 15 minutes glancing at me out of the corners of her eyes. I think if Ruby could throw a fist-pounding tantrum she would be screaming about the injustice of having to wear a frilly dress or an itchy sweater. I feel so bad when she looks at me with her large, sad, brown eyes that I have to take the clothes off and let her go free. I don't want to violate her, but I think she looks so cute. We're working on finding some middle ground, although, I don't know if I can give up dog clothing altogether. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anne said...

Speaking of looking motherly in that last post...you CLEARLY need a baby to dress up! Was that too bold?

Kristen said...

She is so dang adorable, but your right, she is talking loud and clear through her looks. Charlee likes her lacey white dress!;-)