No, I'm not talking about MTV's overly dramatic depiction of life: The Real World. I'm talking about life. Reality. No more living in a military daze, no living in the happy, holiday wonderland, just REAL life. The past year without Travis was so surreal that, by my living standards, I really don't consider it valid. [No, I'm not delusional-I know it happened :)] It's just that it involved so much coping and making due that it wasn't exactly the fullest form of life. Since he's returned home I've had almost a month of vacation time. I loved having time off to spend relaxing and having fun, but it's caused me to dread working a full week again. This is a bad thing because eventually the fun has to end...and this would be the week that happened.
This week Travis officially got released off of Active Duty, went back to work and, to top it all off, started school.
What a stressful time for him! I, on the other hand, have been dreading this week because it means a lot more free time. It's been so nice being together 24/7 that the thought of spending time apart is a little disconcerting. At least we are getting back to some semblance of our pre-deployment life. I do feel good knowing that life has continued to go on for us and that we are back on track to being able to create a full, happy future for ourselves.
It just might take some time to get used to living in the real world again. Wish us luck!
4 comments:
You will be just fine! Your tough!
Sorry that this week will be a tough, one, yet it will get easier. Routine is nice sometimes even after a nice vacation with your honey! I bet Ruby is sad too!
First of all, you guys deserved your month long break together!
I felt that way when Ryan had to go back to work after Christmas break, too. But then I realized it was so fun to have him home because it was so novel. I think if he stayed home any longer it would have gotten old. Plus, I figured somebody paying the bills is a good thing! ;-)
Hope it's a great weekend for you two.
I know what you mean when ever Mike goes back after his 6 days off I'm always sad!!
Post a Comment