Growing up my family spent a lot of time playing out in the yard together. One of the things we all liked to do was play catch. We all had baseball gloves and we'd pass the ball around. Occasionally we'd bat and field for each other. None of us ever played on a baseball or softball team, but I like to think we're all pretty good from the years of playing in the yard.
My glove's been sitting in a box in the garage for a few years now, since my family moved and Travis didn't have a glove of his own. Occasionally he'd come across it and make a comment about how he needed one so we could go to the park and have some fun. Well, on Monday he finally decided it was time and we bought him a glove.
It worked out really well because we got together a make shift game of softball at his parents house that afternoon. We took turns batting and fielding with his sister, her husband and their kids. I was happy to see that Travis got to use his glove and that I hadn't lost my touch after a few years.

Ok, well, I did lose a little of my touch. There was one particularly fast grounder coming at me and I had a slight error in judgement...this is what I got:
<
My glove's been sitting in a box in the garage for a few years now, since my family moved and Travis didn't have a glove of his own. Occasionally he'd come across it and make a comment about how he needed one so we could go to the park and have some fun. Well, on Monday he finally decided it was time and we bought him a glove.
It worked out really well because we got together a make shift game of softball at his parents house that afternoon. We took turns batting and fielding with his sister, her husband and their kids. I was happy to see that Travis got to use his glove and that I hadn't lost my touch after a few years.

Ok, well, I did lose a little of my touch. There was one particularly fast grounder coming at me and I had a slight error in judgement...this is what I got:
<

Yeah. I wont be wearing anything but long pants for a while.
3 comments:
Your paranoid friend would not have let you play if I was there...You be careful with that little bun in your oven! I know you are an awesome player, however those little hops can surprise the best! I know, I know.... quit being paranoid, right? Love ya! It's in my nature!
Ouch!!
Wow that looks like it hurts. Those are the worst too because sometimes they hurt when you walk and your leg jiggles (or maybe that is just my legs)
Post a Comment