I've always loved music. I can't really find many words to describe it, but in simple terms, it speaks to me. I find more meaning in my life through music than almost anything else. To be more specific, it's the music people sing that I'm talking about. The words portray so much and tell the story so much more powerfully to me when they are put to music. I love pretty much anything with singing in it, and I particularly love Broadway Musicals and Disney movies.
I am also strangely addicted to TV shows about High School. I could easily get wrapped up in Gossip Girl and 90210, but they are a little immoral so I try to stay away. Don't get me wrong, I don't ever want to have to relive high school, but there's something about the TV show drama that causes me to look back and see that I really wasn't that different than anybody else trying to figure out who I was and where I fit in.
Enter Glee. This new show is scheduled to be on Fox in the fall. Let me just say this has strong potential to be my favorite show. Ever. Combine High School drama with singing and I'm in love. I really was one of the few kids at my school who was into both sports and choir. I can totally relate to how it feels to be athletic and want to hang out with the cool kids and jocks while at the same time really enjoy being with the dorky choir kids. Basically the story of high school for me. So, anyway, enough about my awkward high school years; I'm hoping this new show will be a nice middle ground of high school drama without the X factors they put into other such shows. Check out the pilot here if you want, or just take a look at this short clip. Be warned-you might become hooked. Oh, and P.S. I might have a large crush on Cory Monteith, the lead male singer. I'm a sucker for cute guys who can sing. Don't tell Travis. ;)
I am also strangely addicted to TV shows about High School. I could easily get wrapped up in Gossip Girl and 90210, but they are a little immoral so I try to stay away. Don't get me wrong, I don't ever want to have to relive high school, but there's something about the TV show drama that causes me to look back and see that I really wasn't that different than anybody else trying to figure out who I was and where I fit in.
Enter Glee. This new show is scheduled to be on Fox in the fall. Let me just say this has strong potential to be my favorite show. Ever. Combine High School drama with singing and I'm in love. I really was one of the few kids at my school who was into both sports and choir. I can totally relate to how it feels to be athletic and want to hang out with the cool kids and jocks while at the same time really enjoy being with the dorky choir kids. Basically the story of high school for me. So, anyway, enough about my awkward high school years; I'm hoping this new show will be a nice middle ground of high school drama without the X factors they put into other such shows. Check out the pilot here if you want, or just take a look at this short clip. Be warned-you might become hooked. Oh, and P.S. I might have a large crush on Cory Monteith, the lead male singer. I'm a sucker for cute guys who can sing. Don't tell Travis. ;)
4 comments:
I heard an interview with the shows creator last week, but haven't seen the pilot yet. I'm so excited! Thanks for the post!
I'll check out the pilot! I don't know about you but the teacher/director? looks pretty hot too me! lol
Oh my gosh!!!! I am so excited :) I have no idea how you find out things like that . . . But I love it!
i la la loved it!!!! i'm so mad we have to wait for fall!
Post a Comment