I'm 16 weeks/almost 4 months and things are going well. I've had to stop wearing most of my shirts out in public at this point because I look like the lady who ate way too much for dinner last night. I'm sticking to more of the loose, empire waisted tops for the most part.
I'm starting to feel less sick and tired, which is nice. I'm still working out a few times a week and when I can't make it to the gym I try and take Ruby for a walk. Our baby is growing strong and we're looking forward to the upcoming ultrasound. Most of the questions I've had I've been able to find answers for in books and such. The hardest thing for me has still been finding food that sounds good. I'm feeling hungry more than ever and can usually be found wandering around the kitchen looking for something to eat.
One thing I have noticed is that if I flex my calves I start to get a cramp pretty easily. I've heard that leg cramps can be common; have any of you experienced them or know how to fend them off?
11 comments:
I hate these! And I get the all the time! 99% of the time it's at night while I'm sleeping. I just try to stretch it out till it goes away.
The only things I've heard helps prevent them are exercise and staying hydrated...? Who knows! Good luck keeping them away...let me know if you find the magic cure! :o)
Please you could wear that in public, you look pregnant and fit!
Not much help here on the legs cramps I don't recall having that problem.
I second what Shantel said. You look great. I've heard that the leg cramps can be related to low potassium. Try more bananas. (There are other fruits that are high in potassium but I can't remember what they were.)
You look adorable!!! And I did have some success with bananas...one or two a day. I also found the best way to stretch it was to lie down and have Jon push on my foot. Good luck! I always had a lot of leg cramps as well.
Look at that belly! You are looking really good. I got most of my leg cramps at night. I hated them, I would wake up in a lot of pain! But they do go away after so just hold on.
You look great Nicole can't wait to see you in a week!
I don't know to much about leg cramps because, well, I have never been pregnant that I know of but I just wanted to say that you could be one of the cutest pregnant ladies! I can't wait to see you later this month! Give Trav a kiss for me :)
I had leg cramps and I was told bananas help? Do you like them? I don't...but hey sometimes we get desperate. I am glad you are feeling better! You look awesome...
Apricots and any dried fruit (I looked it up) Both were higher than bananas but also higher in calories. Cramps could also be related to calcium deficit.
Thanks for all the advice you guys! Jan, I'm goin gto try some of the fruit you suggested.
You look great Nicole. I get the leg cramps usually at night, stretching them out works best or rubbing your leg. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your family.
Post a Comment