Friday, August 7, 2009

Productive time wasting


Ever since Travis returned from Iraq last year I have had a horrible time dealing with the boredom that comes with drill weekends every month. I'm thinking it's because I spent an entire year trying to entertain myself with anything and everything I could find to fill the void. Now, on the weekends he's gone I can't take the thought of meaningless, mind numbing tasks just to fill my time. Trying to find something to do on these weekends is seriously painful.

Last month I decided I was going to sew some baby stuff for my little guy. I guess my eyes were bigger than my skills because I bought a lot of seemingly simple stuff and was only able to get through half of it in the weekend. 2 blankest and 2 burp clothes was what I accomplished. I am so horrible at sewing that it took me over 2 hours to sew one of these blankets together (let me emphasize that they are nothing fancy- just plain old, no batting in between, square blankets). I've managed to rationalize it despite the time it takes since it's something handmade with love for my baby. I like to think of it as a justifiable waste of time.

No comments: