There are a lot of great things about our new living situation that I didn't realize before we moved in. It was hard for me to leave our townhome behind but as I've gotten settled into this new home I've found lots of happy things to help make the transition easier.
We have a screened in porch and can finally hang up the wind chime we bought at the coast in Oregon on our first anniversary. We never hung it up before out of courtesy to our neighbors. Not a problem now.
We have a screened in porch and can finally hang up the wind chime we bought at the coast in Oregon on our first anniversary. We never hung it up before out of courtesy to our neighbors. Not a problem now.
We have a great built in shelf in the living room. It's a nice isolated area so I don't feel like I have to decorate tons, but just enough for my simple taste.
I'm really thankful for this wonderful, wood burning furnace. We got a house full of smoke the first couple times we tried to use it, but we've got it all figured out and it's nice and toasty warm.
My next project is getting things in order for our little guy's arrival. I can't believe it's almost here and I really haven't done anything. One thing I've been trying to decide on is whether a glider or an upholstered chair is better to have in the baby's room. I know that neither one is really necessary, seeing as how I have a couch in the living room, but I'd like some type of place to sit in the room.
I'd go right for the glider because I know babies like rocking (and so do I), but to get a nice, comfy, reclining one that's going to last through a few children it's easily $400.
I like the love seat idea because there's more room to move around and many ways you could sit/lay on it (you know, for those middle of the night feedings when I might fall asleep faster than the baby). And I can get a nice one for about the same price as a middle of the line glider.
I guess in the long run the price difference doesn't matter as much as which one is more comfortable. The thing is, I've never taken care of a baby before and I just don't know which one I'd like better. So, if any of you experienced moms have any advice or suggestions I'd love to know what you'd recommend.
7 comments:
Honestly, both of my boys loved snuggling up in a big, over-sized upholstered chair over a rocking chair. If you do like rocking, you can find them that rock, too.
I bet you are getting very excited. It's the best roller coaster ride I've ever been on. :)
Anything that rocks, whether it's a glider or a recliner or whatever. I've seen nice upholstered rockers that look very classic, like club chairs. You will be thankful at 2am when you can sit and close your eyes rather than pace the floor to calm the baby.
We bought a glider before Jacob was born and it remains one of our best purchases. In my experience, you don't need one that reclines. I would recommend the glider with a foot rest. Then make sure you have a Boppy pillow to rest the baby on, and a neck pillow for you in case you fall asleep. I have spent many hours asleep in that chair over the years! :) Of course, this was just my experience, and I like to make sure every new mom knows...it's all about what works for YOU!!
I have a recliner that rocks and I use it ALL the time....in fact it has been my bed for the last week!
Forget the loveseat. You've gotta have the rocking function.
Good luck with your final month!
Hi Nicole! Your dad was at our house and I asked for your blog. I had 5 children and watched a lot of my grandchildren. I would go with rocker. Not only comforting to baby but you will find it comforting for you. Love to all. Aunt Lois in Springfield, Ohio
We LOVE our glider. One of the best, most used baby items we have! Definitely go for a nice one...ours is on it's thrid baby, been through 6 moves, and is almost like new...even with all the use. Ours also reclines nice and far back, which is nice when Savannah just wants to be held while she sleeps...we can both be comfy!
I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment