I'm a little behind on my picture updates, but we've been so busy lately I just kept putting it off. Yesterday I had my 34 week check up and everything looks good.
We are mostly settled into our new home but up until yesterday things were a little up in the air. We've had some issues with them getting our offices set back up so we've been driving downtown every day for the last two weeks. They finally got the Internet installed yesterday afternoon and this morning we were both so glad when then alarm went off at 6:30 instead of 4:45. Now that we'll have less time commuting we should be able to finish up the few things left to unpack, which are mostly in the basement, and then enjoy our last few days until Travis goes to Africa.
Yeah, Travis is going to Uganda for the next 3 weeks where the Marines are going to host a training session for 6 African countries. This is scary for me because that means he gets back about 2 weeks before I'm due. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes amiss and that we can hold off going into labor until he gets back (not that I have much control over it). It's scary for him because these countries have the highest instances of Malaria and HIV in the world. Lets just say I'll be praying really hard while he's gone because this sounds riskier than his tour in Iraq.
I'm hoping to get the rest of the house in order and then I'll post some more pictures. For now, it feels good to finally be back in the blogging scene after almost a month.
7 comments:
I can't believe you're 34 weeks! I'll keep your family in my prayers that everything goes well and the baby will stay put until he gets back.
You and Travis both will be in our prayers. If it's any consolation, it is a medical fact (not an old wive's tale) that first babies are statistically more likely to be born after their due date than before. :)
We will remember you in our prayers. What a scary and exciting time for you both. You look beautiful by the way.
Nicole you look Great! I will keep you both in my prayers. Happy birthday Travis. Good Luck in Africa.
Africa is a great place, I'm excited for you. I miss it over there. I know a lot of people from Uganda. Yes it might be scary, but while yor there you dont think about it. I lived in Botswana for 6 months (where 1 out of 2 people have AIDS) and then South Africa (where about 1 in 4 have AIDS not to mention that i lived in the murder capital of the world) and I made it. Oh, and while your over there try some of the daily food the people eat. Intestines arent too bad after the first bite. :-P (I hope that doesnt make anyone sick, sorry Brandee)
Take care you two!
You'll all be in our prayers. Those three weeks will fly by!
We will keep you guys in our prayers.
You look great!!
Post a Comment