Monday, October 26, 2009

Guilty? Good.

We had Stake Conference a few Sundays ago and I heard this idea in one of the adult session talks. I thought it was really profound:
Your conscience will warn you as your friend before it makes you feel guilty as your critic.
I guess I never really thought of my conscience as a warning device, but it really makes perfect sense. Ever since then I've paid a lot more attention to those little feelings of guilt I have before choosing to do something and hopefully I've made some better choices because of it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

So true... my promptings are usually to do something that I don't feel like doing. I find if I don't act on my conscience to do something, I will feel guilty later. How long of a drive is it to your new Stake?

Nicole said...

The stake center is up in Duluth, so about 2 hours.

The Miller Family said...

What a great quote...I've never herd that before. Thanks for sharing!

17 days! Excited? Ready?

shantel said...

Thanks for sharing :)