Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Leaf Day


Travis has been hard at work trying to tackle the leaves that are covering our yard. He just happened to be gone over the three weeks of the year when almost every leaf fell so he felt pretty behind when he got home to three inches of leaves covering our couple acres of lawn. Tawnya came over and helped him out, which was nice because I'm moving at a snails pace these days and bending over to pick up the leaves is pretty much impossible. It took them a good 7 hours to get it taken care of.

Ruby was out supervising all day. Travis insisted that she wear her hoodie so she didn't get cold. Isn't she cute?? Now that he's got the leaves under control hopefully we can buckle down and make sure all is ready for this baby to arrive. I started packing my bag last night and realized that I really don't know what to bring. I've got the obvious clothes and toiletries, but other than that, I'm lost. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Traci said...

As little as possible. Outfit for the baby to come home in, hats for the baby, blankets.. other than that, you don't need much :) I always made sure I had my laptop because you may have a lot of time to kill, and we will all want to see pictures ASAP. :)

Good luck! You are going to do amazing.

Kristen said...

I didn't have much with me, until Benjy made his second trip up here and I was going to say a good book or your laptop. Those little ones sleep a lot, so I feel like I am trying to burn time and sleep, lots and lots of sleep!

shantel said...

I agree you don't need much.....just sleep!

Angie said...

I agree w/ everything suggested...also I always treat myself to a new pair of fuzzy slippers! The hospital floors are cold and I don't like to just wear socks. If you're going to nurse bring your nursing bras and nursing pads. You'll need those as soon as your milk comes in! The most important is the camera! You can also bring along the baby book for people to sign when they come visit and you can fill things in here and there...when you're not sleeping that is! :) Good Luck!

LauriJo said...

Congratulations Nicole and Travis, you will be great parents! Can't wait to meet the little guy!