Thursday, November 19, 2009

Life after 1 week

Things have been going well as we adjust to life with a baby. Travis and I just love him to death. Learning how to nurse him has been really hard and we still don't really have the hang of it (meaning it's really painful for me) but I think it's slowly getting better. He's a pretty good sleeper, once I can get him to sleep, but he likes to be up looking around at things. It's hard to catch up on sleep or get anything done when he wants to be walked around. I could use a few more of myself.

I bought him this outfit the day I found out we were having a boy. I bought newborn size not really knowing that he probably wouldn't fit it for long. A lot of people said not to buy newborn size at all for that reason. Well, it turns out that he's such a little shrimp that he's swimming in everything I got for him. Luckily my friend had some small clothes I could borrow or he'd only have this one outfit to wear.
He likes to sleep on daddy's shoulder.
He also does surprisingly well in this bouncy seat. Sometimes he even puts himself to sleep in it.

We are really enjoying getting to know this little guy.

9 comments:

Tawnya said...

Ohhhh, I just love that baby!

LauriJo said...

He is so adorable!

Angie said...

He's sooo cute! Also, the nursing does get better! Hang in there!

Fran said...

I love Ethan already and I haven't even met him yet. Maybe tomorrow!

The Miller Family said...

Congrats Nicole! He is beautiful! I'm glad you had the med-free birth you wanted! He really is SO, SO cute! Here's to hoping you get to catch up one some sleep soon!

Kristen said...

Sounds like you are all doing great! I hear ya about the sore nursing! It does get better!

shantel said...

He is so cute!!

The Seaman Family said...

Glad all is going well! He's a cutie!

Traci said...

He is absolutely adorable, Nicole.

And, I should have given you advice on the clothes. Haha. Mine were both in preemie clothes to start, Kaden was in them for 4 weeks, Carter was in them for 8. After that, Carter was in Newborn size clothes until almost 4 months old, Kaden until about 3 months. Carter is 10 months old and 3-6 month clothes are still a little bit big. :)

If you find that he is still in the Newborn clothes for a while, let me know.. I have a lot of winter baby clothes in Newborn size.