Monday, January 11, 2010

Lean, Mean, Bundled Machine

Today Ethan got all bundled up and headed out for his 2 month check up. He's up to 10 lb 13 oz. and is 23 1/4 inches. In weight for length he ranks in the 3.8% growth percentile--we are dealing with one long, skinny boy (he takes after his daddy there.) He's very alert and is quite the chatter box. It's so fun to get to watch him grow and learn a little more each day. This month we are going to tackle getting him to sleep in his crib, which I am both excited for and dreading. I really want my bed back, but I'm not looking forward to the work and sleepless nights that might be involved. It's something I know will be worth it in the end though. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Andie said...

Better to do it now than when he's older-much easier. If he has a hard time you might want to try a bassinette or pack and play first. They are smaller and seemed to make my babies feel and little more secure for the first little while. Good luck! :)

Kristen said...

Good Luck...I know you and Ethan can do it. I love his hat. We got one for Kyce with matching mittens which are funny looking because they don't have a thumb on them. Ethan looks very cute!

The Miller Family said...

He is one of the cutest little guys ever! That hat is ADORABLE! Savannah is similar for the weight for length measurement...they were concerned at first...until they saw Joe-Z, lol. Good luck getting him into the crib! I always started by letting them take their naps during the day in the crib. Then through the first feeding at night and so on. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you guys!

Tawnya said...

Good Luck, Nicole! I absolutely adore him. He is such a cutie and I love his hat. I am proud to call him my nephew.

shantel said...

I'm loving that hat!!

Good luck!

Fran said...

Those little cheeks are just screaming "KISS ME"! He's such a guy. Best of luck in the crib arena. It will be harder on you than on him! I found it to be very emotional.

LauriJo said...

Man he is just so darn cute!!! Good Luck on the crib thing, I think that is what my land lord is doing and let me just say it is not going to be easy, but will be totally worth it.

Linda said...

Nicole, Ethan is so cute! I love your family picture! I'm sure you're having so much fun.

Janice Anderson said...

Good luck getting that little man to sleep in his crib. Each child is different. Phil had to be sleeping like a log before I could place him in his crib. Dan was agreeable no matter whether he was drowsy or wide awake when I laid him down. I hope Ethan will be more like Dan. And I know it is a tender transition for mom too.