Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, gobble...pant, pant


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ours was nice. Cold, but nice. We had a high of about 15° here today. They said on the news it was the coldest Minnesota Thanksgiving in 21 years. To start the day off right Travis and I ran a Turkey day 5k with some friends from our ward. Yep. We're crazy. It was only about 7° when we set out running through yesterdays fresh snow. I'm proud to say that running in the cold, with three layers of clothes on didn't affect my time what-so-ever. Nice. After that we made a huge pot of mashed potatoes and went over to Travis' parent's house for the main event. I think Ethan had more fun than Travis and I. He just loves all the attention he gets in a house full of people. I mainly just ate. Turkey. Stuffing. Potatoes. Gravy. And you can bet I had a nice piece of Pumpkin Pie. Back to the gym tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I really wish I could have been there! Great work with the Turkey Trot. It was 7 degrees here as well. I think this may have to be a new tradition. It makes eating the yummy food not so guilt ridden.

Jess said...

Hi Nicole!
Your number was chosen for the Treadle Blog Giveaway!
I'll leave your name and blog-name on a copy of Handmade Beginnings at Treadle.
Have a great weekend!
Jess