Monday, March 7, 2011

sevens

Man, kids grow like weeds!
I noticed a few weeks ago that Ethan's shoes were getting a little small. They didn't really seem so small that I felt like I had to run out and buy a new pair that day, so I put it off. Then, on Friday when I dropped him off in the play center at the Y they told me that if he had shoes with stronger soles he could go into the gymnasium area. They said he stands at the window looking at all the kids playing but they have to keep him out because of his shoes. Well, that was enough to guilt me into going shoe shopping. I felt horrible knowing that he stood looking through the window wishing he could be playing.

So that night we headed to the mall to find him some new kicks. He was wearing a size 5, and, like I said, they didn't seem that small, so I figured a 6 is what we were after. Well, the first place we went was Stride Rite and the lady came over and measured his feet. To my horror, she said he needed a size 7. Wait. What? Talk about feeling like a bad parent. Not only is my kid standing with his face smashed up against the glass wishing he could run and play, he's standing there with shoes 2 sizes too small.

So, long story short, we got him some new shoes (with room to grow) and he's a whole new kid. The entire weekend he stomped around showing them off. To top it off, he got to go into the gym and play with the big kids today. What a stud.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Way to go baby E! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I can hardly wait to see him.

Fran said...

If he is anything like his father (and I suspect he is) you might as well buy stock in Nike! Travis never wore any shoes out... he was always outgrowing them almost before he broke them in! So glad Ethan can run with the big kids now!!