Remember the stack of fabric I was dreaming up a project for? Yeah. Well, the idea I dreamed up turned out to be more of a nightmare. A table runner. With zig zags. How hard could it be, right? Just some basic 60° angles. Well, I was never that great at trigonometry and it turns out it's a lot harder than I thought.
I get these ideas and I get fixated on them. It's like nothing else will be good enough no matter what kind of misery I have to go through to accomplish it. I just can't admit to myself that maybe I don't have the knowledge or resources to do what I have in mind. I also have issues with buying a pattern for $10 to show me how to do it when it seems so simple. Am I the only one crazy enough to drive myself crazy over a stupid project?
Anywho, I'm on my fourth day and fourth try at making a table runner that is, as Travis put it, a mathematical nightmare. I'm happy to say though, that the version I'm working on today will be the final version (hopefully). My goal is to have it done by the end of the weekend.
(please don't hold me to that...)
3 comments:
Good luck, Nicole! I look forward to seeing the finished project. I am sure it will be grand :)
So I don't know if you remember me. I am Brandee's sister-in-law. I read your blog all the time and I love it! I saw this free tutorial of a zigzag quilt and thought that maybe it would help you make your table runner, that is if you haven't already. I love this woman's blog and hope you do too. Good luck!
http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2011/02/v-and-co-how-to-mini-zig-zag-quilt.html
Nancy
Hey Nancy!
Thanks for the link, that one look pretty much just like I'm going for. I'm still working on my version, but when I'm done I might have to try that tutorial, just to make one that doesn't drive me insane in the process.
Post a Comment