Friday, April 1, 2011
awkward and awesome friday
Awkward:
-We have a supposedly armed 'man at large' on the loose our city. Are we scared? Of course not. Travis looks at it as a good excuse to pull ALL of his guns out from under the bed and have them within arms reach. He's on cloud nine right now.
-Trying to drive someplace new without my GPS. That thing seriously becomes a major appendage when I'm out driving around. Doesn't do me much good when it gets left in Travis' car.
-Neglecting some of the housework for multiple days in a row. The worst part is that once Travis gets home I feel guilty enough about it that make comments about how I really need to clean up. His reply is "Then why don't you just do it?" Ummm........
-Running into someone you know (and don't really want to stop and talk to). The best part is that he stopped and talked to Travis first while I was around the corner listening (he didn't know). Once he saw me, he assumed I didn't hear what they were talking about and repeated the entire conversation, almost word for word. Okay...gotcha. You're here to pick up something for your wife. Yup.
-Having to ask my husband what's been awkward this week because I seriously have a hard time coming up with stuff. I know I don't have that positive of a view on the world, so what's the deal here??
Awesome:
-Finding the most pimp pair of Aviator shades EVER for Ethan. Man, I'm not going to be able to keep the Nursery chicks off of him.
-Going on a date. Although, this maybe should have been on the awkward list because all we did was drive around trying to decide on what to do until it was time to turn around and go home. Oh well. The conversation was good.
-Tuesday Travis called at noon and said he was getting off work at 2pm. We made an impromptu trip to pick him up and headed down to Ikea. Still as magical as ever.
-Running into someone you know and do want to talk to. That's always a nice surprise.
-Ethan has learned how to scowl and it's just too cute. He now scowls at anything and everything.
It's been a good week in our neck of the woods. I didn't blog a lot, but it wasn't due to lack of stuff going on. Travis had the week off from school so it was nice to see him every evening. I'm looking forward to conference this weekend and then it's back to the grind on Monday.
Have a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
did Nicole Bator just use the word 'pimp'? What is going on????
Ethan is such a cute boy. Those are the best Sunglasses ever! I absolutely love the scowl.
He is so stinkin' cute!
They make those kinds of sunglasses for babies?! LOVE IT!!!
And did you know that baby's eyes need to be protected from the sun rays just as much as adult eyes? I'm glad to see Ethan is taking care of his eyes in such a stylish manner... He's adorable!
Okay so who is this mysterious person you ran into I have two people on my mind and I am curious to see if it is either one of them. So do tell who!
Post a Comment