Friday, April 8, 2011

awkward and awesome friday


Awkward:
-Open mouth kisses from your son. What can I say, the kid's a lover not a fighter.
-Realizing you've been neglecting your dog. Ruby is so desperate for attention these days that she's resorted to laying at the foot of the couch and sighing. They get progressively louder until we notice and remember to pet her. Oh, Ruby, you're still here?? Poor dog.
-Looking back and realizing these awkward and awesome posts are slowly becoming my only posts. I'll have to work on that.
-Watching Ethan eat any type of noodle. For some reason he doesn't feel it's necessary to chew this type of food. I've tried everything I can think of (including ridiculously large bites) and nothing works. He just swallows it whole. Any ideas on getting him to chew?

Awesome:
-FINALLY cleaning out my car. It was looking pretty scary after a long, cold winter. Honestly, though, who cleans out their car in the winter in Minnesota?
-Actually using a picture that's not of Ethan in a post. I'll have to work on that too.
-Going to the dentist and finding out I have no cavities. More on this next week...
-The weather this week. End of story.

Mid 60's and sunny is what our week has looked like. Ethan and I have been outside playing almost every day. It's been nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air. I thought that being able to run around and release some energy would help our inside time be a little more sane. Oh was I wrong. Right now he's throwing his balls into my plants. He realized that they 'catch' them for him. Who needs tennis balls and velcro paddles when your mom's got plants?? Sigh. Is it naptime yet?

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

I love Ruby... She gets me. She understands that she can be by me as long as there is no licking. She is the best little dog :)