Sunday, May 22, 2011

future career?

I think I've found my calling--magna-doodle artist.
What do you think, do I have a future??

Ethan was getting a little unruly about half way through church (what's new?) and I was getting desperate to find something to distract him when I grabbed the magna-doodle. This isn't an uncommon scene in our pew, but what I did with the magna-doodle is. Please understand, I consider myself a pathetic artist. Like, comparable to a third grader. So when, in my rush to get Ethan quiet I drew this bird I actually kinda shocked myself. Travis glanced over, looked surprised, and said, "That's pretty good." Then Ethan looked over at it and started chirping. That was it-the true test. If my 18-month old recognized it I must not be as bad an artists as I thought. I laughed a little, because I wasn't expecting him to start chirping in church, but silently felt pretty proud at what I was able to accomplish. So proud in fact that I saved it on there until we got home so I could take a picture.

I wont mention that it was only a minute or two after this that Travis had to take him out. I'll just keep thinking that my amazing artwork saved the day. I like that ending better.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Your artwork obviously kept Travis entertained in church.... something I could never do! Makes me want to chirp also.
Great job!!

Audrey said...

Two things...

First...beautiful! But I was a little more impressed that I thought that Ethan had done it:)

Second....what camera are you using now?