Monday, May 30, 2011

I can't cut the cheese...

Yes, you read right. I can't cut the cheese...out of my diet that is.

It's my favorite go-to snack food, and, it seems only natural that it's Ethan's favorite too. (that's what he's handing me in the picture) It's now become known as the C-word in our house, otherwise we'd have to give him some every time he heard it. That's how much he likes it. It's so bad that he throws a fit if I don't give him a pinch of shredded cheese out of the bag when I'm cooking with it. I've created a monster.

I've heard that too much dairy in your diet can be a bad thing. It makes me feel guilty, because I'd like to be in better shape, who wouldn't, right? But I just can't give it up. Cheese, yogurt, milk, they're staples for me. And do I even need to mention ice cream? Is this one small thing really holding me that far back? Who knows. But just in case, my resolve is to buy less of it. That way, I can still enjoy it occasionally, but it's not so readily at my disposal. If there's one thing I've learned about myself it's that total abstinence is not the answer. That just equals relapse. And that's never pretty.

No comments: