There's something strangely satisfying about planting a garden.
I've found myself much more interested in it than I ever thought I'd be. It seems like in this modern day where everything is so readily accessible with almost no effort on our part it's really rewarding to plant something and watch it grow. It really makes me appreciate the beauty of this world. The process of placing a tiny seed into the ground and watching it grow into something beautiful and delicious is just amazing to me. I'm lucky to live by Travis' parents who should basically be master gardeners by now. They know a lot and I learn a lot from the things they've done.
Last year our garden wasn't the highest producing by any means, but what we did get I thoroughly enjoyed and so I'm excited to try it again. Hopefully you've planted something this year too. Even if you don't have a lot of space. There's lots of delicious stuff like lettuce, potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, and herbs that can grow in a pot on your porch. I don't really see any way you could regret it.

4 comments:
Our backyard isn't fenced in, and we live in a cookie-cutter type development, so we do all of our gardening out of buckets :o) This year we have: tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, radishes, swiss chard, okra, and bell peppers. They don't produce as much as they would if they weren't constricted to the buckets, but it's so fun to harvest something you've tended to day in and day out. Plus, it's fun to look out the back doors and see all that green!
:))))
I am green with envy that you are getting a green thumb. (I am really into green these days.:)
I have done a garden the last 5 years but at our new house there are rabbits that run every where....not sure what to do about that?
Post a Comment